-->

Aug 2, 2009

New Beginnings

Today seems to have been a day for new starts and beginnings. Perhaps somewhat appropriate as it is currently Imbolc here in the Southern Hemisphere.

The first new start came with a purchase. After a very long time, I have finally gone out and bought myself my own pair of ice skates. Skating, in many forms, is something that has always interested me (I love to watch it) and a very large part wishes I had gotten into it more heavily as a child...possibly even up to competition level. However, I still love and enjoy it and I'm determined to become as comfortable on the ice as I am on my own two feet. I chose figure skates, as more of the type of skating I am interested in is in that vein but I do intend to get a pair of hockey skates as well in the near future. The girl who assisted me in my purchase actually mentioned a local women's hockey league so I make look into that in the next year and maybe join up.

Some of the people that have inspired me in skating, over the years are:
Kurt Browning
John Zimmerman & skating partner Kyoko Ina
Elvis Stojko

The second new start is this blog. Part of me is wondering why on earth I am starting it since I have proven to be an inconsistent blogger at best but we will see how things go. I mean, I have a myspace I almost never use, a livejournal I rarely use, a deviantart whose journal gets update when I think of it, a facebook, a twitter, a flixster, a photobucket and a flickr I have never posted images on. I seem to spend most of my life on the internet and it feels like it has always been that way. It's really too bad someone can't come up with a mega super net program that can magically combine all your social networking into one handy site/tool. Then some of my more ignored sites might see some traffic.

Like I said, we'll see how long this lasts and if I end up sticking with it. Couldn't been any worse than some of the other net homes I've had and lost track of.

Meanwhile, I'm going to attempt to keep on top of my myriad of insane hobbies and hopefully accomplish something with some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment