-->

Sep 17, 2009

Fools Of Us All

Hmm, it's been a little while since I updated this thing so I guess I should probably do that. It's not like I've done anything of note lately, but if I leave it too long then I'll never do it!

Have to stop and think about what to write, first. I've always been pretty aware of writing things on the 'net where anyone can read them. I don't mind posting on open forums like this but I also value privacy, so there are some things I'll never discuss. I'm sure it would make more interesting reading if I DID and get me more views but is it really worth it?

It's weird for me to think about the current group of kids in school right now. Partly because I'm not exactly old, just older than them, and partly because I really don't feel it. A big part of me feels like I should still be chained to one of those scarred desks, listening to a teacher drone on about something I know I'm never going to use. One of the main differences between me and them, though, is that they REALLY don't seem to have any concept of just how public the internet is. You put something in writing for the whole world to see without stopping to think about it first and you could really find yourself regretting it one day.

The capacity we have for making fools of ourselves is high enough in person, but add in the internet, reality television and things like YouTube and suddenly everything is so much worse. Can I be glad that I went through most of my 'stupid' phase before everyone and their dog carried a phone with still and video camera ability? :)

Course, there's not much you can do for some people. (Kanye, Serena, I'm looking at you)

Anyway......

In a couple days, I'm having a few friends over to watch some flicks and hang out. I think it looks to be a good night and should be pretty fun since what we'll be watching are pretty much all amusing in some way. Since it will be 'Talk Like A Pirate Day', maybe I'll wear my hat. Which is funny in itself because nobody really talks like a pirate, other than to say 'Yar!' alot. Should really be DRESS Like A Pirate Day.

Not sure what else to say after that so I'm just going to conclude this here. Might be a good night to crash early, I think. After the weekend, I'll post a review or two on the movies we end up watching. Might even get some of the others to add an opinion. :)

Btw, still having weird sleep issues, but here's hoping that will be sorted soon. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment