-->

Sep 12, 2009

More Midnight Ramblings

Sleep is a funny thing. Unless we happen to remember a particularly vivid dream, we don't actually remember sleep but it plays a huge role in our lives. We know when we're needing it, when we've had enough and when we've over slept but if sleep were a person, they'd be someone we wouldn't remember ever actually having met.

And why on earth am I rambling on about it like it's the answer to life, the universe and everything? Because sleep is doing it's annoying best to elude me right now.

I slept for a couple hours earlier. Went to bed quite early because I felt tired and figured I would see if I could sort my sleep habits out. You see, for the last couple days, my normally constant (if unconventional) sleep schedule has some how been thrown completely out of whack. I keep finding myself awake around 5-5:30am, either because I've woken up and can't get back to sleep or because I have woken up earlier (like last night) and am now attempting to crawl back into bed for a few more hours.

So, what do I do? Do I annoy the other half and force myself to stay awake, maybe go for another early morning run like I did a couple days ago? Do I lie here and force myself to doze some how? If I do manage to get back to sleep, you can almost guarantee that I won't want to get up at the more 'normal' hour I've set on my alarm. I'll probably end up turning it off by instinct and then oversleeping into the afternoon and, thus, expounding my difficulties. (Which is exactly what I ended up doing, btw)

Bloody hell, do I have a love/hate relationship with sleep! I love the feeling of being well-rested, waking up warm and cuddled up in bed without anywhere else to be. I hate HAVING to sleep. If I didn't have to sleep, wasn't forced to sleep, I could get so much more done in life. I would still want to be ABLE to sleep, but when I felt like it.

I'm going to stop typing this now and try to sleep. Since I've gone and written all this idiocy out, I'll post it on my blog later (here!) for the amusement or ridicule of others.

Night! (Or would that now be morning?)

No comments:

Post a Comment